When I eagerly opened my email this morning to check for new comments, likes and favorites, I never expected that I would be nominated for an award! I was so excited I almost giggled, almost. Thank God I could control myself.
Souza, from the popular blog Souzapalooza, nominated me this morning and since I had never read her blog before, I was surprised when her name appeared before the words “I nominated you”.
Turns out that her and her blog are actually quite interesting and I had a lot of fun reading her post, as well as seeing her turtle, Cuff. She’s a runner (hats off to you), works in Manhattan (Lucky girl!) and apparently single (gentlemen?). If you’re interested in getting to know her a little better like I did, click on the link above and check her out!
Rules (I didn’t make these up, guys):
- Post the award on your blog (Duh!)
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. (Check!)
- Write 11 random facts about yourself. (As if I don’t complain enough!)
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers. (Hmm..)
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions. (11!? really?)
11 things you didn’t (and probably don’t want to) know about me:
- I’m addicted to old PC games, not retro but the early 1990’s kind.
- I use to live watching anime until my friend spoiled me for it (don’t ask.)
- I don’t watch regular television except for cartoons.
- I spend roughly 10 hours a day on my PC, either doing work or playing Doom.
- I’m writing a novel but it’s been halted due to the fact that all my work was on our now stolen laptop (100 000 words!! WHY!?)
- Currently revising old short stories and will post a new one in a few days.
- I love skateboarding.
- My favorite novel genre is Horror (All hail the masters of horror!)
- I was a bully in my younger years but killed that attitude when I started high school.
- I’m not a morning person. I’m not a day person actually. I prefer the rain and night-time skateboarding or walks.
- My favorite past-time is writing while listening to music documentaries. (Teen Spirit – A Tribute to Kurt Cobain, Nirvana Unplugged and Life on the murder scene by My Chemical Romance are personal favorites.)
Nominations: (I’m only doing a few because I’m lazy :P)
These are blogs that made me cry, made me smile or made me think. Please click the links and decide for yourselves.
Questions from Souza:
- What’s your favorite meal? Rib Burgers at Spur!!!
- How do you deal with stress? Not good. I don’t get stressed often but when I do, take several hundred steps back.
- What is your favorite book? I have several favorites and since I’m quite indecisive, I’ll nominate The Curse of Chalion by Lois Mcmaster Bujold.
- Who has been the most influential person in your life this far? There are several influential people but I think Kurt Cobain and Stephen King are on top of the list.
- What is your favorite game (board, card or recreational)? Dark Souls on PS3
- What is your all time favorite TV show? Adventure Time!!!
- If you could have one super power, what would it be and why? The ability to ease pain, no matter what kind. Because if I can alleviate someone’s pain, even for a little while, then as a writer and as a person, I have fulfilled my life’s goal.
- Other than your blog, what is your favorite form of Social Media? YouTube!!
- Which family member are you most like? My father, unfortunately.
- If salary and skill set were not an issue, what would your dream job be? Even if they were an issue, I would still be an Author.
- What’s your biggest vice? Sloth.
Same as above!! Sorry, Souza!! Your questions are just too good to pass up!!